This Privacy Notice ("Notice") describes how we collect, use and disclose information that we collect from users of the ChalkBug.com website (“Website”) and Service (collectively, "Service").
When you use the Service, you agree to the collection, transfer, manipulation, storage, disclosure, and other uses of your information as described in this Privacy Notice. If you do not want us to use your information as described below, please do not use the Service.
Information We Collect
Your use of the Service generates a variety of information such as information that you provide by filling out forms or when you conduct a search, or information that we collect from your browser or from your use of the Service. We collect information from or about you when you browse through the Website and/or use the Service. Depending on what you do or how you use the Service, this may include the following:
Methods We Use to Collect Information
- Contact information that you provide to us when completing a form on the Website or when you send us an email or otherwise contact us;
- Information about your real estate searches, such as search criteria, and/or date and time of search;
- Information about the device and software you use to access the Service, such as hardware, operating system, type of browser and versions, type of display, unique device identifier, IP address, advertising identifiers, serial number, and network information;
- Log information such as referring website, access times, pages viewed, time spent on the Website;
- Information about how you interact with the Service, preferences, and settings.
Cookies and Other Website Technologies
We use a variety of website technologies such as cookies and tags to enhance the capabilities of our Website. Cookies are small data files that the Service sends to your computer when you visit our Website. Tags are electronic images that may be used on the Service, including in our emails to help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness.
We use website technologies to make it easier for you to use the Service, for example to enable you to move easily between the pages of our Website. We also use website technologies to remember choices you make (such as the size of the font when viewing the Website).
We also use website technologies for analytical purposes, to count the number of visitors, and identify which areas and features of the Service are most popular. We collect information about how the Service is used, for example, which pages users visit most often, and if any error messages are displayed on certain pages.
How to change your cookie settings
You can block cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser. However, if you block all cookies, you may not be able to access all or parts of our Service.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, please refer to your browser 'help' section, or visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Do Not Track
California law requires that operators of websites and online services disclose how they respond to a Do Not Track signal and whether other third parties may collect personal information about an individual’s online activities from their website or service. Some browsers have incorporated “Do Not Track” features. Most of these features, when turned on, send a signal or preference to the website that a user visits, indicating that the user does not wish to be tracked. Because there is not yet a common understanding of how to interpret Do Not Track signals, we do not currently respond to Do Not Track signals.
Third Party Cookies
California law requires that operators of websites disclose whether third parties may collect personally identifiable information about an individual’s online activities.
We do not share with these third parties any information that would readily identify you, such as an email address, but these third parties may have access to information about your device, such as an IP or MAC address. We do not have access to, or control over, the technologies that these third parties may use to collect information about your interest.
Use of Information
We may use the information collected from or though the Website for the following purposes:
Sharing of Information
- To provide the Service, or other products and services that you request;
- To improve the Service or develop new features; for example if we notice that certain pages are more visited than others we develop additional features;
- To personalize the Service, including to provide or recommend features, content, social connections, referrals, and advertisements;
- To communicate with you;
- To respond to your questions and comments;
- To provide customer support;
- To send updates or administrative messages;
- To troubleshoot bugs and operational issues, and to improve security;
- To conduct data analysis, testing, and research; and monitor and analyze usage and activity;
- To measure interest in, and improve our Service;
- To facilitate communications between you and real estate professionals who may be of assistance to you;
- To inform you about services and products that may be available through us or our business partners;
- To resolve disputes;
- To prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- As otherwise described to you at the point of collection.
We may share the information we collect from or through the Website in connection with the operation of the Website as follows:
- With our affiliates or service providers that conduct data processing on our behalf so that they can carry out their work on our behalf;
- With our marketing partners or business partners, to provide you a service that you requested through a promotional offering made on the Website or in connection with joint promotions;
- With real estate professionals and owners and with operators of real estate brokerage companies to enable them to provide services through the Service.
- In an aggregated and/or anonymous form that cannot reasonably be used, to identify you to customers who are interested in statistical information about the type of information that users search on our Website.
We may also be required to share information
Third Party Services
- In response to subpoenas, court order, search warrant or similar legal process or if otherwise required by any applicable law, regulation, or legal process;
- To establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or
- In connection with the potential merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company.
We may use Google Analytics to collect information about use of the Service. Information on Google Analytics, including how you can control the information sent to Google, can be found at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
You may also choose to control some of the advertisements you receive on the Service by visiting http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
Our Website is not intended to solicit information of any kind from children under age 13. If you believe that we have received information from or about children under age 13, please contact us immediately as indicated in the “Contact Us” section below.
Users of our Service have the following rights:
Access to Information
You may update, correct or delete information about yourself at any time by contacting us as indicated in the “Contact Us” section. Please note, however, that we may not be able to delete all collected information for practical, technical, or legal reasons. In this case, we will ensure that the information that you request to be deleted is blocked and is no longer used, except as required by law.
California residents have the right to request businesses to identify the third parties to which the business has disclosed certain customer information for the direct marketing purpose of that third party during the preceding year. To request such information, please contact us by writing to us under the "Contact Us" section below.
Opt-Out of Commercial Communications
You may opt out of receiving commercial messages at any time. To do so, please follow the instructions on those commercial messages, or contact us as indicated in the “Contact Us” section. If you opt out, we may still contact you with respect to services that you have requested or for administrative matters regarding the maintenance of your account with us, if any.
We take reasonable precautions to protect our Website and the information that we collect that are adapted to the nature or the information that is collected. However, please remember that no security system on the Internet is perfect.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may revise or update this Privacy Notice from time to time. If we make significant changes to how we handle personal information, we will post changes to the policy on our Website and provide additional notice in advance, in accordance with applicable law. Your continued use of the Service after notice of the change(s) has been provided will constitute your consent to the change.
If you have any complaint or concern about the operation of the Website, the Services provided to you, or the terms of this Privacy Notice, please contact us immediately as provided in the “Contact Us” section, and we will do our best to address your complaint or concern.
If you have any question about these Terms or any complaint about the Service, please contact us at email@example.com